General Terms and Conditions
Visitors to the Website (“Users” or “you”), including those users who purchase any products on the Website (“Purchasers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“T&C”). If you do not agree to these T&C, do not continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute acceptance of the T&C.
PURCHASES FROM SELA® WEBSITE (www.Sela-books.co.za)
Products & Availability
Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Sela® shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should Sela® be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Sela® will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product, as explained in more detail in the Refund Policy section.
In these T&C, an “eBook” means an electronic book, in .pdf or .epub format, capable of being opened and read on your PC or Mac computer using Adobe Digital Editions software (“Adobe Reader”) and on certain other mobile hardware devices (such as i-phones and android devices) using any software. Both such aforesaid digital content reader applications are hereinafter referred to as “Reader Applications”. Your access to any eBook purchased by you from Sela® will be granted via a link to such eBook’s. You will need to be connected to the internet when you download an eBook and open it for the first time. On subsequent openings of the eBook, you will not need to be connected to the internet.
Illegal Use of eBooks
• All eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher or author and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
• The download of eBooks is intended for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of eBooks purchased from Sela® is strictly prohibited. • You may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of eBooks, in whole or in part, and more specifically, you will not print, copy, or ‘lend’ eBooks to any other person. These aforementioned prohibitions are hereinafter referred to as “Illegal Activities”. By downloading any eBook, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these terms. You hereby undertake that you shall not attempt to be able to do any of the Illegal Activities and should any of the Illegal Activities be possible for some reason, you undertake to not do so. You hereby indemnify Sela® from any and all loss, damage, or expense it may suffer or from claims which may be made by third parties against Sela® which arise from or in relation to your having participated in any Illegal Activities in relation to any eBook sold by Sela®.
Ordering eBooks from Sela®
• You will only be able to include one eBook of any specific type in an order. If you have any eBooks in your basket together with other products, the basket will be split into different orders. • When purchasing an eBook from Sela®, you will be purchasing the right to download such eBook • eBooks are digital products which will be delivered to you electronically via the internet. More specifically, delivery will occur as follows: Upon receipt or confirmation of payment, Sela® will obtain your Link to the relevant eBook and deliver such Link to you via email. The speed of delivery of a Link will depend on a variety of factors, most of which are internet related and beyond Sela® control (such as server availability, ADSL lines etc) and as such, Sela® does not hereby undertake to make delivery within any specific timeframe. You will be able to access and click on the Link at any time following delivery thereof to you, subject to certain restrictions. If you have any problems relating to the functionality of your Link, please report same to Sela® at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you in resolving the problem
Please note that although Sela® endeavours to accurately describe and/or depict each product on the Website. Should you be dissatisfied with the product you receive for any reason, you are entitled to return the product unused to Sela® for a full refund within 7 days of delivery. Please see our Refund Policy in this regard (which explains how and when you can be refunded, as well as how returns are to be made).
Agreements of Sale
Placing a product in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale and/or an order for such product, and as such, Sela® may remove such product from the shopping basket or wishlist if stock becomes unavailable and you cannot hold Sela® liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage. • An agreement of sale only comes into effect if and when: (a) you electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and (b) payment is either authorised, or received by Sela® in its bank account.
Termination of Sales & Cancellation of Orders
• By Sela®: Sela® reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Sela® in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever, on notice to you. Sela® shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you to us (see Refund Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
• By You: Save for certain exceptions (like eBooks), and subject to certain charges, you are entitled to cancel any sale concluded on this Website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and to obtain a refund. You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/timeframe (or where none is specified, beyond 30 days from the order date). Please read the Refund Policy for further details in this regard.
Amounts payable by you
1. Prices: The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
2. Delivery Charges: Delivery charges differ depending on a variety of factors, including product type, price, and weight, as well as whether delivery is to be made within, main centers areas or outside the main centers. For delivery outside of South Africa see the conditions under the “Deliveries” section.
3. Sela® is not VAT registered therefore Value Added Tax will not reflect on invoices. The price reflected on the product listing is the price payable.
4. Price Errors: Sela® shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, if the parcel size exceed envelope size or delivery is required to outlaying areas of South Africa or should products be mistakenly offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Sela® shall not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you, should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
Subject to any exceptions expressly mentioned below, your payment for any products ordered from Sela® Books must be made to us in any one of the following ways:
1. Credit card payments.
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and payment is collected immediately. If the bank’s authorisation is not obtained, the order will be cancelled. Sela® may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder or the cardholder’s bank, should Sela® be unable to verify the validity of the transaction the order will be cancelled.
Sela® uses the service provider Payfast for card payments. If your payment information is stored, Sela® is not the one collecting, storing or otherwise processing your credit card details.
• 2. Bank deposits & Electronic Funds Transfer
If you select to pay via this method, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into Sela® bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
• the exact amount must be paid;
• the payment must be identified by supplying the order number and surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer;
• no transfers may be made from ATM’s;
• cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.;
• no bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa; and
• your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
• Your payment will only be allocated as received once cleared on our Bank Statement.
Sela® delivers to addresses both within and beyond the borders of South Africa.
The following types of products which will only be delivered to addresses within the Republic of South Africa:
• Books where the publisher does not approve the export of the product due to special South African pricing.
• Delivery charges are fixed inside the borders of South Africa, however additional charges will apply where the address is beyond the South African borders. A Quote will be obtained by the Sela® staff and emailed to you for acceptance.
• Books despatched by authors cannot be mixed with other authors or from Sela® Hub
• Please read our Delivery Charges page for further details.
• Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Sela® Books. If paying with a specific credit card for the first time on the Website, or if Sela® regards the transaction to be large and/or unusual, Sela® may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder’s bank and the delivery period shall only be regarded as having commenced upon completion of such checks.
• Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not taken into account in calculating delivery periods. So, for eg, if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next business day, subject to payment and confirmation and fraud checks.
• Sela® makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Purchaser.
Inside the borders of South Africa
All Sela® items listed on the Website have an indication of the Lead-time till being dispatched. However, note the following in particular
• dispatched from the Sela Hub – usually within 5 to 10 week days.
• dispatched by author – usually within 5 to 10 week days.
• local pickup only applies to George, Western Cape. Pickup address and time will be communicated as soon as order is ready for collection.
Outside the borders of South Africa
Goods to the following international destinations are sent as follows:
• African countries – delivery to a post office in such African country or via courier;
• All other countries – via airmail parcel post or via courier (the costs of courier delivery usually being very high and determined on an ad hoc basis).
Delivery usually takes place within 2 or 3 weeks after dispatch, however, seasonal peaks and delays at customs is outside the control of Sela® Books and deliveries may take up to 12 weeks.
eBooks are digital products which will be delivered to you electronically via the internet. More specifically, delivery will occur as follows: Upon receipt or confirmation of payment, Sela® Books will obtain your Link to the relevant eBook from the relevant eBook publisher and deliver such Link to you via email. The speed of delivery of a Link will depend on a variety of factors, most of which are internet related and beyond Sela® Books control (such as server availability, ADSL lines etc) and as such, Sela® Books does not hereby undertake to make delivery within any specific timeframe. However, as a guide only, delivery should occur within a few seconds, but can also take up to a number of hours.
You will be able to access and click on the Link at any time following delivery thereof to you, subject to certain restrictions.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS:
• so as to reduce the risk of fraud, eBook publishers limit the number of times any Link can be clicked before access to the Link is blocked. You will be able to click on such Link at least once, but acknowledge that access to the Link may become blocked after your first click so as to prevent fraud.;
• the Link will not appear if you have removed it, or Sela® Books has removed it pursuant to your having ‘returned’ the eBook (if possible in accordance with Sela® Books’sRefund Policy from time to time);
• Sela® does not guarantee that eBook publishers will make their eBooks available for download indefinitely and Sela® accepts no responsibility or liability to you or any other person if, upon your accessing and clicking the Link, the relevant eBook publisher no longer has the eBook available for download via such Link, provided that, if you discover and report such a problem within 6 months of ordering the eBook, you will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price paid therefor.
Restrictions on Sales
The onus is on you to ensure that you and/or the person for whom you may be buying a product on the Website, meet any age restrictions applicable to such product (including DVD’s and Videos) and that these restrictions are observed. For example, if you make a Website purchase of a DVD for a friend, the onus is on you to ensure that the DVD is suitable for such child’s age or that your friend is at least 18 years old (as the case may be). Accordingly you indemnify Sela® from any and all liability in this regard, including any liability arising as a result of your failure to provide accurate information in this regard.
Defects, Returns, Refunds & Guarantees
Should you not be satisfied with any product purchased by you on the Website by reason of a defect, incorrect choice of product, or otherwise, you may, under certain circumstances, be entitled to either be refunded or have the product repaired or replaced, as the case may be. A refund can only be requested within the first 72 hours after delivery has taken place. How to apply for refund/return: 1.Email Sela at email@example.com requesting a refund or indicating your reason for returning the goods. 2.You will need to return the items at your expense to Sela Hub. 3.The returned Box or envelope should clearly indicate that it relates to a Sela return and your original order/invoice should also be included in the package. 4.Only products in mint re-saleable condition will be considered for refunds. 5.A 20% handling fee will be charged on all products returned. 6.An original bank confirmation letter should accompany your request for return for an electronic transfer to be made.
Due to all the hassle and costs associated with returning books/products, we urge you to please ensure that you purchase the products which you require.
A full record of every sale and related transaction between you and Sela® shall be maintained on the Website for a period of 12 months following the date of such sale or related transaction. You shall thus only be able to view and print such record during such period, whereafter, you shall be responsible for retaining your own record of the relevant sale or related transaction.
Save for Sela® being liable to you –
• under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) in relation to any products sold by Sela® to you via the Website; and
• under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to Sela® payment systems not being sufficiently secure,
neither Sela® nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Sela® makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website and associated communications are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to info@Sela-books.co.za
It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these T&C that the service and products available from and through this Website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Sela® and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law.
We respect your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Sela® Books suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall be used for your personal use only and shall not be disclosed to any third party.
You allow Sela® Books to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Website and back-office applications.
All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layers encrypted. Sela® Books registration documents and the Website’s registered domain name are checked.
Changes to Agreement
Sela® Books may, in its sole discretion, change these T&C or any part thereof at any time without prior notice to you.
Any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between you and Sela® Books on any matter provided for in, or arising out of these T&C, and not resolved through the Customer Services Department of Sela® Books, then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. The expedited arbitration rules may be downloaded from http://www.arbitration.co.za/downloads/expedited_rules.pdf.
Address for Notices
Sela® Books chooses as its address for all purposes under these T&C, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the following address: info@Sela®-books.co.za (the sending of such copy being required in order for any notice to be validly delivered to Sela® Books).
Term and Termination
These T&C shall commence from the date on which they are published on the Website and continue indefinitely, as amended by Sela® Books from time to time (as described above), for so long as the Website exists and is operational, Sela® Books being entitled to terminate these T&C and/or shut down the Website at any time (subject to still processing any orders then already placed and accepted by Sela® Books).
Sela® Books and it’s management cannot review or edit all the information and or content on the Website and accordingly, we do not accept any liability for..
All rights are reserved and the data and all content of the website, including but not limited to, graphics, software, text, designs, icons, are the property of Sela® Books and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation. Should you experience any illegal, defamatory or obscene content, then kindly inform us on info@Sela®-books.co.za and we will endeavor to correct it
When you visit the Website or send e-mails to Sela® Books, you consent to receiving communications from Sela® Books electronically.